Sunday, December 7, 2008

Remodeling and Christmas....

One thing I have learned throughout this remodeling experience during the Christmas season is how much I truly love Christmas!!! I somehow didn't think it would bother me not being able to decorate my house or bake all those fun cookies I make at this time of year but I have realized I was wrong. I do miss all of those traditional fun things we have done through out the years even down to hanging the "Griswald" lights on the outside of the house.
But the end is in sight. This week we get cabinets in, the fireplace installed, counter tops, and hopefully plumbing and electrical. Finishing the wood floors will be the very last thing done. I will say that we have been truly blessed in how it has all come together. Although we are tired and ready to have a neat, clean and orderly house, this is our dream and we are grateful to be living it.
floors ripped up, back wall removed (notice how there is not insulation in the outside wall) I guess that is how it was done in 1964.

our future fireplace.......just off the kitchen



wall before opening was cut from front room to dining room


after opening was cut out.....



wood floors, sheet rock on back wall of the house (with insulation underneath :)


this is where our refrigerator and a small cabinet will go



this window is being replace with a solid pane picture window, and it's hard to tell from this picture but the colors are a beige and chocolate

















2 comments:

jbdlee7 said...

Looks good, mom. It will all come together very nice in the end=) Love you!

Amy said...

looks great! i love the colors. can't wait to see it in person. be home soon...with the puppies. :)